Some couples can have a baby without hardly trying, while others have to work a little harder at it. Fortunately, the art of conceiving a baby is very enjoyable for most. Although nothing is written in stone, here are some things you can do to increase your opportunities of conceiving:
1. Have sex as often as you can. If you can make time sex every other day you will increase the odds in your favor. Your man will be just as fertile if he has sex every day or every other day, so get in there and have some fun. The best time to get started is right after your period has ended.
2. Some people worry about having sex in the right position. That is nonsense. You have sex the way you like it. There is no proof that one position is more effective than another.
3. Just because your man wears tighty whities does not mean he will naturally be less fertile. It may reduce the sperm count to a small degree, but it will not eliminate your chances of getting pregnant.
4. The best way to determine when you are the most fertile is to pay attention to your cervical mucus. You will be most fertile when it is slippery and clear. There are also ovulation tests you can purchase over the counter.
5. The best time to have sex around your ovulation day is on that day and the two days proceeding it. If you have sex after ovulation day you might miss the bus so to speak.
6. Some people debate about morning sex or night sex being more effective for pregnancy. The truth is there is no difference. Have sex in the morning or at night, just have it as often as you can enjoy it.
7. You can begin having sex right after you stop taking the pill without any danger to you or the baby you are conceiving.
8. Do not smoke or go on a diet while trying to get pregnant. Smoking can make you fertile and dieting can throw your mentraul cycle off.
9. Do not drink alcohol when you are trying to get pregnant because there is a chance it will make you less fertile. The important thing to note is that you don’t want to drink when you have become pregnant due to the risk of birth defects.
10. Don’t use lubricants purchased from the store because they tend to slow down sperm. If you need lubrication try some mineral oil or canola oil and achieve better results.
These are just some of the things you should do or not do to enhance your chances of conceiving. Try not to stress. Engage in sex as often as you feel comfortable and think positive and good things will happen. Good luck and have fun.