We often talk about libido boosting products, but what about Libido boosting foods? That’s right, there are foods out there that can boost your libido naturally. Cultures around the world have used various foods to increase their sexual desire for ages. Let’s take a look at some of the food that can put your sex drive into overdrive:
1. Garlic – Garlic might not be very good for vampires, but in raw form it can be quite relevant to sexual desire. The ingredient allicin in garlic enhances the flow of blood to the sexual organs. This is no miracle food that will have you ready to go in moments. You have to consume it for several weeks before it kicks in.
2. Figs – Figs have long been considered as a fertility booster in many cultures. Some cultures even ranked their value up there with gold. However, you won’t quite get as much for an ounce of fig today as you will an ounce of gold; so they were off on that just a little.
3. Pumpkin Seeds – Pumpkin seeds are full of zinc, which just happens to prevent against testosterone deficiency and is also full of libido bursting vitamins as well. You can also find minerals like potassium, niacin and calcium. If you want to get that libido rising try some pumpkin seeds.
4. Oysters – Long known as the drug of love people have been downing oysters for centuries to boost their libido. Everyone from Casanova to Cleopatra loved oysters and used them to get in the mood. Oysters are also high in zinc which enhances testosterone and improves dopamine levels, natural libido boosters as well.
5. Avocado – Europeans have been turned on as of late with the Sicilian avocado. There must be something to this libido enhancer. It might be to sexy for its skin?
6. Chili Peppers – If you really want to get hot, how about the chili pepper? This food is full of capsaicin which has been known to get your libido in fast gear.
7. Maca Root – Considered the natural Viagra in Peru, the maca root has a history of enhancing sexual desire. It is believed to also boost energy fertility and stamina.
8. Watermelon – There are many who believe that watermelon is a Viagra like libido booster. The fruit packs citruline which has been known to be good for the heart and soothes the blood vessels that enhance your libido.
9. Cocoa – In its rawest form, cocoa is a superfood and has more antioxidants than a glass of red wine. The ingredient phenylethiamine causes excitement and can boost your sex drive.
10. Asparagus – This veggie is full of histamine which has been reported to increase libido in both women and men.
We are not suggesting that everyone of these foods will provide every person with a natural libido boost, but we can’t say it won’t either. Many cultures have used these foods and more to naturally enhance libido long before there was a pharmacy on every corner.